Thursday, February 18, 2010

I can finally look at these and smile.


We have had A LOT of snow and cold and ice and darkness this winter. As I write this, it is bright and sunny outside- not quite warm enough to spend a ton of time out there, but at least I see the hope of spring. Piper and I had this awesome conversation about death (I know....weird) and we spent time looking at the brown trees and grass and talking about life coming from death.

And then....she stumped we with, "But those trees are green still" (in reference to the pine trees). So then, I had to teach her how to say "coniferous" and any spiritual analogy I was going to make was gone.

But now I can look at all of these pictures of snow and think how fun it was and will be when they can put their own jackets and mittens on.




This is not on Lily's Top 10 list of things to do again.

Seriously?

No comments: